Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

Christian Activism

In 1970 I began taking my first steps
toward activism. Up to this point I
had been largely an observor of politics
and current events. Being an rather
average college student I needed all
the time I could to keep my grades up.
However toward the spring of 1970 I
knew my time as an undergradute was
coming to a close.

I had became acquainted with a
gentleman named Lloyd Hawkins
who was the college age Sunday
School teacher at my church and
a Campus Crusade for Christ
staff member. He talked to me
about coming to Southern California
and taking a training seminar at
Campus Crusade’s then headquarters
in Arrowhead Springs. After I graduated
in August 1970 I traveled to Arrowhead
Springs for a one week course in
evangelism and discipleship.

That week was very influential in
my thinking. Campus Crusade based
its mission on a Biblical foundation
but also with a eye to what was currently
happening in society.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?