Tuesday, May 09, 2006

 

Comments on Previous Posts

Current events/Politics Bio Blog here
are a few thoughts.

One, these are the thoughts of a rather average
citizen not an astute journalist or a hit bitten political
observer/activist. My involvement was not terribly
unique or spectacular in the sense that there were
other people doing the same things and more.
These events were a part of my life and thinking
as I was going through them, but they did not
consume my life or thinking. Other mostly
unrelated activites continued at the same time
—life goes on.

Two, I have mostly given my thoughts or
intellectual perceptions of different events
that I was involved in. However, besides making
an intellectual decision there were strong emotions
involved. Certainly a sense of patriotism, a love
of one’s country and wanting to see justice and
right prevail where a sense of injustice was preceived.
Wanting to see President Reagan succeed in his
strategy to dismantle the Soviet Union with its evil,
tyrannical and bloody history had a strong visceral,
emotional appeal. In the next few posts I will
discuss my pro-life involvement. A revulsion over
abortion and the slaughter of innocent human life
were strong emotional reactions to helped
propel activism.

Three, the spiritual dimension was recognized
as a vital component to activism. The Bible
mentions that we do not struggle against flesh
and blood (other humans) but against evil spiritual
forces (Ephesians 6:12). The issue of prayer
(individual, in small groups and corporate) for
these issues lay at the heart of dealing with them.
Just protesting or having a political involvement
would be largely ineffective without recognizing
the larger spiritual dimension and beseeching
(and confessing our own shortcomings) the One
who ultimately controls the outcome.

In summary, I thought through the issues
and reacted to them emotionally. Also I
recognized them within a spiritual framework
involving the fallness of man and evil supernatuaral
forces than needed to be dealt with on a
supernatural level. These things propelled my
activism in whatever issue.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?