Thursday, May 18, 2006

 

Wrap-Up Current Events/Politics

Over the past decade I have continued to follow
current events and politics. I listened to such
conservative radio talk show hosts like Rush
Limbaugh take on the mainstream liberal media.
While like all of us Rush is not perfect, but he
seems to have been more correct than not on
his analysis and commentary. While Bill Clinton
had great personal charm I did not enjoy his
presidency (and am still amazed that he was
elected in the first place). I thought that his
administration was extremely scandel ridden
and corrupt.

While I voted for him I have not had the deep
enthusiasm for George W. Bush that many
fellow Christian believers have. However
Bush seems to have been the right man to
lead this country against the terrorism.
September 11, 2001 has to go down as a
“day of infamy” closely akin to Pearl Harbor.
I recall watching a televised newscast that
fateful morning that showed a plane crashing
into one of the World Trade Towers. I informed
a lady in our office about this with the preamble
“I am not kidding this has really happened” and
a short time later another plane hit the other
tower and then both towers came crashing down.
Before this I had no comprehension that an jet
airliner could have such destructive force on a
skyscraper. This horrific and criminal action
certainly got this nation’s attention to the
threat of Islamic terrorism. In my thinking
the worldwide terrorist threat is similar to
the Cold War nuclear threat posed by the
Soviet Union and the Axis military threat
during World War II.

At this time I am at the end of my personal
reminiscences about current events and
politics. Over the past two months I have
gone from my earliest recollections and
proceeded to travel forward in time.
Now I need to go back and search for
common threads in my life and thinking.
As mentioned previously this is raw
material that can be edited, changed,
re-written into a more stylistically
precise form. But the important thing
is that I have gotten this out of my mind
and down on paper (or digital internet
media). These thoughts and events that
are uniquely mine are no longer locked
away in my mind. They can now been
preserved for the benefit of those in
coming generations.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?