Tuesday, June 06, 2006

 

Journal for Dino Dig 5

Journal entry May 24, 2006
Got up about 6:30 AM this morning and slept well last night. Somewhat congested this morning and took some more cold tablets (as I did yesterday). This morning we went up to the dig site about 9:30 PM and spent some time with the area (F-4) that I was working on yesterday. More small fossil bone fragments were showing up. I reduced the left side of the square and found (what appeared to be bone) was bone after all. I reduced it down correctly to find the bone. I called some of the new diggers over and showed them my procedure. We came down for lunch about 12:30 PM. When went back up about 2 PM and worked until about 4:45 PM. Joe started making a field jacket with some of the bones on the site (Josiah and Ian helped him). Terry Beh arrived about 3 PM and also helped with the field jacketing. Terry is using a walking stick because of bad knees. Thus evening we (Ian, Josiah, Terry, myself) sat together by Joe’s Trailer (he recently purchased a new/used one) which provided shade and ate dinner. We then went into Rangely this evening in Joe’s truck (Joe, Josiah, Burton, Ian, Terry and myself) to the Assembly of God Church and heard Dr. Baugh give a Creation presentation. He spoke on basic Genesis questions, apparent age, cave men, how tall was Adam and showed slides of the human “Coffee” footprint in Permian rock. Small group. We diggers (including the Lines group and the Rainey family) outnumbered the church folks.
(Yesterday June 5, 2006 I did blog but it did not upload properly).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?