Monday, July 10, 2006

 

Comics Entertainment/Educational

Over the past several weeks I’ve been hard at work
on doing the 2006 Guide to Christian Comics.
This is the third annual edition which began in 2004.
I have been involved in Christian comics in one way
or another for over twenty years. For those interested
in my background there is a fairly up-to-date autobiography
concerning my involvement in this area on my web site
www.shareyourstory.info (hit the sample bio button on the left).
Without repeating what is in that autobiography I have
found the medium of comics, the melding of words and
pictures on a two dimensional surface, a completely fascinating
way of narrative story telling. Besides their entertainment
value comics can be used (and legitimately) for educational
purposes. One of the greatest pioneer practitioners of the
medium, the late Will Eisner spent many years doing
educational comics for government agencies. As a Christian
I have wanted to mix the comic strip/book form with Christian
themes and content. For anyone interested in studying early
Christian Comics I’d recommend the visiting the Christian
Comics International web page (christiancomicsinternational.org)
for short biographies of original pioneers of the movement.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?