Monday, September 04, 2006

 

Extreme Conquerors

September 4, 2006
[This is one project that I’ve been working
on over the past month.]

Several years ago I came across a book called
Extreme Devotion. This book published by
Voice of the Martyrs (2001) contains daily devotions
that tell stories of Christians persecuted for their faith
(both in ancient and modern times). [Voice of the Martyrs
is a ministry that communicates up to the minute I
nformation on persecution of Christians around the
world and strives to help them]. I found several stories
that were especially compelling. One story called
Extreme Conquerors is about Richard Wurmbrand
(founder of VOM) and his wife who helped a German/Nazi
colonel in the waning days of World War II. The colonel
was possibly responsible for the deaths in a concentration
camp of Mrs Wurmbrand’s family. The Nazi repents and
is converted and Mrs. Wurmbrand (Richard’s wife)
forgives him. A great story.

I contacted VOM and asked if they would give me
permission to adapt one of the stories to comics form.
I sent them a script and they accepted it. I started on
the project but got sidetracked over the past couple of
years into other things. It is one of those projects that
I started over two years ago and was shelved because
of my move to Arizona. I recently got back to it and am
doing some hard work on the pencils. I wanted to fulfill
the commitment I’d given to VOM even though there is
not financial obligation to do so. [I had mentioned
Richard Wurmbrand in a previous post-April 6, 2006]

The pencils are now essentially finished and I should
be sending them for inking in the near future.

Comments:
I see that you were working on a comic book on the life of Richard Wurmbrand. I want to use his story for a mission story for our VBS in July. Is there any possibility I could get the drawings you made and use several of them in a power point presentation as I tell the story?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?