Tuesday, November 04, 2008

 

Campus Crusade Part 18

The next phase of my Campus Campus career began
in the last part of 1976. I made a move out of the Graphics
section of what was the Audiovisual Dept. to work with
Worldwide Challenge Magazine. Worldwide Challenge
was Campus Crusade's then monthly magazine that
covered the happenings of the ministry as well as containing
spiritually challenging articles. Here are excerpts from
my October 1976 prayerletter.

"Someone has rightly said that in this world if there
is one constant—that constant is change. At this time
I am in the process of a major change. I am changing
jobs for the first time in nearly three years. By the time
you read this I will have phased out of th Graphic Design
area and into my new job. That new job is working on the
art staff of the Worldwide Challenge, Campus Crusade's
monthly magazine.

"Let me give a brief summary of my time so far on
Campus Crusade staff. In 1971 I came on staff with
the original hope of going into the Art Dept. In 1971
I came on staff with the original hope of going into
the Art. Dept. Instead of that assignment I was placed
in what was then called the Audio-Visual Dept. Within
A-V I did everything from duplicating audio tapes to
film research to finally designing and producing overhead
transparencies. For over 4 1/2 years I have been the head
artist or Production Manager (the tile is now) for
Graphic Design (the art section of A-V now called
Media Productions).

"When I first came into the area (even though several
artists had preceded me) it was a primitive, underdeveloped
area of Audio-Visual. Yet this area had tremendous
potential. Over the years I have had the privelege of
witnessing "revolutionary developments" such as the
obtaining of our first Thermo-copy machine, professional
art tables and equipment, a typesetting machine,
a printing press and several other full time personnel
(that I had the honor of training and working with).
The area developed from a 'one man' show to a
sophisticated, efficiently running operation. While
I had input into this development often as not I was
just an amazed observer to the great needs and to a
number of different people whom the Lord used to
provide truly visionary solutions to those needs.
I praise the Lord for my time in transparencies.
I have contributed to it and the Lord has taught
me much over the past several years from it.

More Next Week

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?