Thursday, November 13, 2008

 

Campus Crusade Part 19

This week I conclude excerpts from my prayer letter
(October 1976) telling about my transition from working
in the Campus Crusade's AV Dept. and art team
of Worldwide Challenge magazine.

"However over a year ago I began to see that I was in
need of a change. I felt that I had learned about as much
as I could from transparencies and also that some new
blood would be good for the area. The Lord during the
past year has confirmed this desire a number of times.
Since coming on staff I had not up until felt the need
for a change. But now this desire was there and building.
As I mentioned in a previous newsletter during this past
year a new staff man (John Carter) entered the area and
I knew that he would be my successor to the position.
During this year I have been working with him and
training him. As of August 1 he has taken over as
Production Manager of Graphic Design. There will be
three working in the area again in the near future.

"During the past year I have been praying about and
considering several options. First was the possibility
of going into our sister AV area—Slide Show productions
as a director. THis would mean working with old friends
but little further experience in terms of doing artwork.
For a period this spring I was able to spend some time
working in the slide show area to actually see the 'nuts and bolts'
process from the inside. Another option was concerning
going into the Art Dept. (now called Creative Studios).
In April I had several meetings with the manager of Creative
Studios. At that point I gained the opportunity if going into
the Art Dept. (a long submerged desire started to resurface).
This was a very difficult decision to make. It took me two
months of prayer and evaluation before I made the decision.
I felt that my background and primary skills were in the
graphic art area and that it would be the most prudent to
continue going in that direction.

"Later in another meeting with the director of Creative Studios
he asked me to consider going on the art staff of Crusade's
magazine, the Worldwide Challenge. After considering and
praying about it for a time I accepted the offer. About the
middle of September was when I made the transfer to the
Challenge from Graphic Design. The time between when
John took over transparencies and when I left was a period
in which I served in the advisory capacity."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?