Monday, December 08, 2008

 

Campus Crusade Part 23

This Blog entry continues excerpts from my April-May 1977
prayer letter about my Worldwide Challenge co-workers.

Bill Rhodes
Bill Rhodes, who is the art and photo director for the Worldwide
Challenge feature article section declares this about his coming
to Christ. "While at Louisiana Tech I became a Christian. My
grandmother whom I stayed with part of my college years was
a committed Christian and she had a real witness in my life.
The one thing that witnessed to me most was this commitment
she exhibited and her belief in eternal life. So, as a result of her
commitment and belief, and lack of those things in my life I
prayed and asked Jesus Christ into my heart as Savior and
Lord." Bill was born in Texas, but spent his growing up years
in Mississippi and Arkansas. He went to college in Louisiana
at Louisiana Tech. University and claims the Bayou State as
his home. While at LTU Bill earned a degree in fine art and
came on CCC staff in 1974. Since being at Arrowhead Springs
he has worked in the Art Department, as an interoffice mail
carrier and on the headquarters ground crew. Bill feels strongly
that "I am now where God wants me for this time" in his life.

[Bill later married Miss Ginny Heyl, a CCC headquarters staff
member from Pennsylvania. They went on to have
several children.]

Ann Clayton
"I wanted my talent in art to be used in the name of Jesus
so I joined the art department of Campus Crusade." says
news art director Ann Clayton. Ann grew up near Carroll,
Ohio and graduated from Ohio State university in 1973
with a Batchelor of Fine Arts degree. Due to the influence
of a Christian home she became a Christian at a young age.
During Ann's freshman year of college she learned about
turning all the areas of her life over to Christ and putting
her relationship with Him as first priority. That's when
Ann's faith began to grow and when it was put into action.
In 1973 Ann joined CCC staff. After a year in the art
department she began to work full time as a design artist
on Worldwide Challenge magazine. Presently Ann's work
consists of being in on brainstorms, artwork, layout. design,
paste-up, and directing the three news sections of the magazine.

[Ann later married and left Campus Crusade staff as did
Noreen and Bill].

Other people that I worked with during my time with
Worldwide Challenge were Eddie Maggard, Cyndi Arenz,
and Jane Wrede. During the time I worked with WWC Bill
took over as Art Director and he was later succeeded by
Eddie Maggard. WWC is still being published by Campus
Crusade and it is an excellent award winning magazine
for design and content.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?