Tuesday, May 19, 2009

 

Campus Crusade Part 39

Blogger Note: I see that my narrative it getting
ahead of itself so next week I'll return to
the my final years with Campus Crusade.

That left me as the central mailer for the Apa.
I believed that if the Apa were to be a long term
success than I needed others to help carry the load.
I asked several older, more mature Alpha-Omega
contributors to be part of a CCAS Board that would
help direct the newsletter (still being published at
that point) and the Apa and any other publications/
activities that would be generated in the future.

These contributors were John Pierce (Ohio),
Harry W. Miller (Kentucky) and Billy Leavell(Tennesee).
During and after my first central mailer tenure the
Board (pastor-cartoonist Steven Shipley was also
involved) conducted its business entirely by mail
and produced the first CCAS bylaws that has
brought stability to the Apa over the years.
Alpha-Omega has published over 145 bi-monthly
issues over the past 24 years making it a fixture
in the Christian Comics movement.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?